Lead Planner - #11107
Kintec Global Recruitment
Job Ref: VAC-70984
LOCATION: DOHA, QATAR
The Lead Planner for the Business Support Team is responsible for the integration of NFPS Compression Project EPC schedules and all aspects of Progress Measurement, monitoring, verification and reporting. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall EPC schedule including putting in place the EPC progress measurement system, monitoring, verification and reporting.
Reporting and Relationships " Reports to Head of Business.
" Direct reports: None.
" Frequent interaction with NFPS Compression Project Manager, Business Manager for multiple EPC packages and team members within the PMT organisations.
" Regular contact with Execution Planning and Services (EP&S), Legal, Supply, Finance and Shared Services Departments.
" Regular contact with the EPC Contractors their sub-contractors and vendors during the execution of the project.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
" Understands the key project drivers, defines roles and responsibilities, develops communication protocols, identifies, develops and implements project procedures planning and scheduling. Coordinates and facilitates all planning sessions and development of plans for Project teams.
" The prime objective of planning is to improve project performance by anticipating issues, avoiding negative situations and reducing the frequency of poor outcomes. Embedded robust planning management practices have been shown to contribute to the consistent delivery of successful projects.
" Conducts periodic assessment to ensure QG procedures and methods are adhered to by Business groups of various EPC packages.
Financial Dimension " As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment " Ensures all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
Qatarization Program " Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
" Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
1. Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the NFPS Compression Project.
2. Reviews EPC Contractor's project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that Company's requirements are met.
3. Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
4. Advises Project Controls Head and NFE Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
5. Reviews and checks EPC Contractor's progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by EPC Contractor.
6. Reviews and endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecasts prepared by EPC Contractor.
7. Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by EPC Contractor.
8. Supports PMT with ongoing project schedule and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities. Periodically updates NFPS Compression Level 1 schedule to incorporate schedule updates from various EPC packages.
9. Develops and maintains overall project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope. Periodically monitors interfaces that are common to multiple EPC packages and liaise with project teams to mitigate any adverse trends.
10. Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Scheduling and Reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
11. Ensure PMT and Contractors are working towards the correct priorities and schedules have clear Critical Path & Sub Critical Paths to allow for timely sequenced start-up of the facilities as defined in the NFPS Compression Management Control Schedule.
12. Reviews productivity frequently to ensure Contractor can achieve the plan and advises when slippages are seen in Productivity Factor (PF) or Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
" Bachelor degree Business related subject or equivalent exeprience.
Knowledge and/or Experience
" Minimum of 12 years' experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in planning, cost and risk management including project controls, cost and schedule development.
" Experience of working with National Oil Companies or International Oil Companies will be an advantage.
Technical and Business Skills " Excellent written and verbal English skills.
" Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
" Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
" Good communication and interpersonal skills.
" Good computer literacy skills (Primavera P6, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
" Hands on working experience in Primavera P6 Version 18 and above.
" Good knowledge of using Primavera Schedule Risk Analysis software for conducting Schedule Risk Analysis.