Art & Design Teacher (Secondary) - #24447
Pearling Season International School - Al Gharrafa Branch
The role is located in Qatar’s capital Doha, a fascinating, thought provoking, cosmopolitan city that combines desert landscapes with an incredible futuristic skyline. Start your teaching adventure at Pearling Season International School and then spend your weekends immersing yourself in Doha and sister ‘Smart city’ Lusail ever-growing cityscape of avant-garde architecture and flashy hotels, restaurants, and malls, while watching Qatar’s plans come to fruition in the lead up to the 2022 World Cup.
The school is seeking to appoint a qualified Art & Design Teacher to join a new school, which opens in September 2021 (arrival would be August 2021), with experience teaching in the British system. Candidates from the UK seeking their first overseas position or international teachers with experience of a British curriculum are encouraged to apply. Candidates will be required to do the IBDP training at the appropriate time in the future as well as play a vital role in the planning and implementation of the Diploma Programme.
- Excellent terms of employment
- Competitive Tax-Free Salary
- Generous housing allowance
- Utilities allowance
- Medical cover
- Annual Air Fare allowance
- End of Service Benefit per calendar year.
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues in sister branch Pearling Season International School, Al-Mansoura
- Excellent professional development and guidance.
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE
- Experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- PSISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references and DBS/Police clearance.
This is the second Pearling Season International School to be opened; the two form entry school in Al-Mansoura opened its doors in 2014 and is now a fast growing institution with over 550 students. Whilst having very strong links which will benefit both staff and students, each school will develop in accordance with the needs of the communities they serve while providing common values driven curricula with an international outlook.
The successful candidates must be passionate about raising attainment and aspirations with the ability to lead by example and inspire others. We are looking for individuals who have an unwavering belief in our ethos and the commitment to really transform learning and lives within the School. You will be innovative in your approach and demonstrate outstanding leadership that allows both students and the School to realise and reach their full potential.
The successful candidates will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
Applications should include your full CV plus a letter of a maximum of 2 sides of A4 stating why you are suitable for the position and location. References will be taken up for short listed candidates and police certificates will be required from previous country of residence. Interviews will be conducted by Zoom and early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place as soon as possible for shortlisted candidates.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.