Operations Attraction Manager- Waterpark - #79068
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country’s biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North’s waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world’s highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Operations Attraction Manager- Waterpark
This position is supporting the Director of Operations in ensuring that Operations run smoothly in accordance with park policies and procedures. Ensuring continual improvement and those initiatives are delivered.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Formulate departmental policies, procedures, and forms, including the creation of all necessary documents for all rides and attractions, based on existing templates
- Work with Human Resources and Training teams to develop training programs and detailed training & on-boarding schedules for all departmental staff
- Manage the development and monitor the completion of pending facilities
- Provide support for recruitment, interviewing, and hiring positions for the Operations-Attractions department.
- To ensure all policies, procedures, manuals, risk assessments, and ride checklists are in place and reviewed periodically for adequacy and make any necessary recommendation to the Director of Operations.
- To assist with the development of the department budget
- To manage cost-saving opportunities on manpower and operational expenses
- To lead and manage the Operations team to ensure Guest safety is a priority
- To ensure that all colleagues are adequately trained for specific roles and positions and that ongoing training takes place to enhance colleague’s competence and customer service
- To manage operational efficiency in the Waterpark to enhance the Guest experience and reduce operational costs
- To ensure all Guest and Colleague incidents are appropriately managed, recorded, and reported and are satisfactorily resolved while adhering to the policies and procedures
- To manage any emergency situations that may arise in order to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any guests, colleagues or company property
- To manage overall daily operation readiness while maintaining integrity of ride systems
- To report any safety concerns in order to maintain the highest standard of safety and hygiene; implement immediate corrective action where incidents are reported
- To regularly observe the team in the operation, review operational performance and lead the team to success
- To ensure daily effective communication with the Operations team
- Lead and attend department meetings with the management and front-Line Colleagues in order to improve colleague satisfaction, guest satisfaction, safety and operational efficiency
- To perform performance appraisals, coaching, feedback and disciplinary sessions where necessary to review and improve colleague performance
- To support with initiatives to improve Operations performance
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor degree/Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity with proven track records
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Arabic Speaker will be preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Service-oriented with an eye for details
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS