Maintenance Manager - #88538
Be a dynamic leader who is highly organized and capable of providing leadership, guidance and direction in achieving the hotel’s vision and mission. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for implementing Accor engineering and work standards and overseeing the engineering department operations.
- Team leadership and effective delegation skills will be key to success in this role.
- Oversee the engineering department with attention to details and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion of tasks and projects
- Maintain all equipment and systems in correct operational status including but not limited to Accor MEP standards, Fire & Life Safety standards, Risk Management, environmental standards, expenditures and project management.
- Ensure proper completion of the Preventive Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas, and safety systems while working closely with the Rooms Division, Food & Beverage Department, Security, purchasing and other operational departments.
- Maintain all mechanical rooms inclusive of Boiler Plant, chilled water circulation, air handling units, fan coils, VAVs, motors, pumps …etc.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with preparing and controlling the monthly and annual engineering department budget
- Experience in yearly engineering-budget preparations and monthly forecasting of the department’s expenses
- Able to forecast and manage the hotel energy and water usage and all the associated costs
- Able to identify issues and provide solutions, inclusive of outsourcing and managing 3rd party companies
- Able to identify, budget for and manage projects related to renovations and or replacements within the hotel
- Able to run landscaping both summer and winter operations
- Pool operations knowledge inclusive of water treatment
- Understand water treatment for closed systems and maintains all the related logs for testing of chemicals balance and legionella control.
- Work closely with the purchasing department to source the best products for the least cost
- Monitoring the Hotel's Energy consumption on daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring prompt and/or immediate response to maintenance requests from our guests, employees, and management of the Hotel.
- Recruiting, scheduling, payroll, performance appraisals and reviews, training and development of all engineering colleagues
- Coordinate and complete all audits related to engineering and risk management
- Responsible for departmental health and safety, training programs, statutory compliance
- Coordination and management of outside contractors.
- Ensures hotel compliance with all City and State regulations and ordinances
- Actively participates in the Hotel's Energy Management, Occupational Health & Safety, and Environmental programs.
- Lead and support a diverse team in the operations and maintenance of the hotel including: general maintenance, HVAC, kitchen repairs, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and grounds
- Setup and attend monthly departmental meetings for the engineering colleagues
- Manage at hotel level ACCORs Energy/Sustainability Programs
- Be available on an ‘on-call’ basis during off hours for emergency situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Team player and a proven team builder.
- Knowledgeable in all municipal codes, City codes, State regulations, OSHA regulations as well as the Fire Department requirements and building testing.
- Proven negotiation skills with 3rd parties and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with computerized maintenance systems
- Must lead by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve above expectation results.
- Hours of work and days off will vary according to business demands.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel at a downtown location that caters to leisure, meetings & conference environments.
This position requires:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend and stoop
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pound
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and Educational Assistance for further development
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS