Stewarding Supervisor - #88542
Every memorable dining experience at Ibis and Adagio begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. Support a skilled and engaged team as Stewarding Supervisor, where your care and inspection of all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment will ensure a superior standard.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist in leading, mentoring and training the Stewarding team
- Maintains, enforces, enhances Fairmont standards as identified by Fairmont and Accor with respect to product delivery, and acts as a role model for exceptional performance
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance, assuming at all times a positive, helpful and supportive attitude towards every guest and colleague
- Work as a Steward if operationally required as per Steward responsibilities
- Fully adopts and promotes all company Health & Safety and Sustainability policies and procedures to ensure a safe and responsible work environment
- Conducts on and off floor Performance Management including conducting colleague performance reviews
- Quickly assess problematic situations and take the necessary corrective actions in a timely manner
- Motivate colleagues to provide excellence in service, developing strong channels of communication and fostering team spirit
- Develop a strong working relationship whilst maintaining effective communication with a range of stakeholders throughout the hotel
- Ensure safe work practices are followed across the department by leading by example
- Champion environmental initiatives within the department
- Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory for equipment, china and glassware
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a safe and clean working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Assist the Executive Chef and the culinary team when needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and a passion for everything food and beverage
- Previous stewarding experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Food Safe Level 1 is an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
- Must have strong, proven leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and available for a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights, split shifts, overtime and holidays
- Able to lift and move heavy objects, frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing and pulling Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/