Principal Cost Controls Specialist - #90905
Leads cost control including budgeting, commitment monitoring, and expenditure reporting, cost estimates to completion, invoice preparation, and project cost reporting activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned cost control staff.
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion.
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to the control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope.
- Assists in the preparation of the final project close-out report and asset register.
- Prepares and reviews preparation of project cost control reports and documentation.
- Maintains all project forecasts and payment schedules.
- Assists in the development of cost control procedures.
- Develops and implements project cost code structure (WBS).
- Monitors variances from the current budget and assists all project members with the control, formulation and interpretation of budgets, trends, and estimates at completion.
- Ensures and assists in the preparation of the required weekly and monthly work hour and cost status reports.
- Maintains comprehensive, accurate variation order files, logs, and documents.
- Interfaces with various project departments regarding cost reporting requirements and ensures that information is correctly and efficiently submitted.
- Supervises project cost control in the overall completion of the required project cost functions.
- Serves as focal point for maintenance of cost control software application.
- Interfaces with project accounting to ensure that invoicing and costs are as planned.
- Provides variance analysis and recommends corrective actions for deviations from plan or budget.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum of 10 years overall Project Controls experience.
- BS degree in engineering or construction or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years Project Controls experience with offshore projects over $300 million.
- Must have EPC experience including the home engineering phase as well as field experience.
- Previous experience in a Lead Cost Controls role in offshore projects over $300 million.
- Majority of recent experience must be on contractor side of business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to follow direction with limited supervision.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.