Senior Design Engineer (R&D) - #98087
City: Umm Şalāl Muḩammad, Baladīyat Umm Şalāl
Contract type: Full time
- Developing Surface Wellhead and Xmas Tree equipment design concepts according to customers requirements and API 6A. Such equipment include Heads, Hangers, Other End Connectors, Metal Seal, Valves, Actuators, Service Tools, etc.
- Performing design calculations, design reviews, tilt/stack up studies, and other technical studies as it pertains to the development of Wellhead and Xmas Tree equipment.
- Performing Finite Element Analysis on critical designs to evaluate the concept behavior and safety. Such FEA include linear and nonlinear analysis, structural analysis, pressure penetration, contact analysis, parametric analysis and any other analysis required to complete the concept.
- Evaluate and perform Engineering Changes (ECN) related to the fit, form and function of the Wellhead and Xmas Tree equipment design.
- Dispose Non-Conformance (NCR) related to the fit, form and function of the Wellhead and Xmas Tree equipment design.
- Reviewing and approving drawings, test, assembly, and installation procedures.
- Presenting recommendations for solutions concerning field issues, designs, material selections, and project related execution to upper management and the client.
- Working with cross-functional teams on business strategy and execution.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BE Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- 8-10 years of experience in Design Engineering of Surface Wellhead and X-mas tree equipment.
- 5+ years of experience as Senior Design Engineer with strong knowledge of international standards related to designing wellhead and X-mas tree equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in FEA related to oil and gas equipment.
- Ability to manage tight timelines
- Ability to lead projects and design reviews.
- A track record of problem solving and customer support for API 6A products.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and technically support junior engineers
- Experience working in GCC will be preferred.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A global leader for the oil and gas industry. Manufacturing and servicing wellhead equipment, valves, actuators and flow control products
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.